Saturday, October 20, 2012

Behind the Dish - 10/20/2012

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Enough already. Maybe you’d given up hope. Maybe you’d forgotten about this Blog all together. Maybe I have been caught up with life too much. Whatever the reason, it’s all going to be ok. Don’t fear my loyal readers. The time is here. The time is now. It’s the one and only. It’s… Behind the Dish!!!

- Yes everyone, I know. I promised I’d try to get this blog out for you every week, but unfortunately life isn’t the way it used to be for me. When I was single, I had so much free time to write what I wanted, when I wanted. Now, it’s a different time. Being married with children means now that my time is theirs. Luckily, my wife and I have agreed that we would take some time every Saturday just for writing. I can sit down, work on Behind the Dish, and then spend some time on my book, while my wife works on her stuff. Therefore I know I can’t promise you a new Behind the Dish every week, but I can darn sure give it my best shot and hopefully I can make it happen!!!

- So it’s baseball playoff time and the media only cares about football! Give me a break! Yeah, who cares about the Detroit Tigers dominating the American league, or the better lucky than good St Louis Cardinals? ME!!! I do!!! People wonder why I hate listening to the media, whether it’s sports, new, and/or especially politics. Baseball is my sport so maybe I’m a bit biased, but football happens a few days a week, and only a couple games actually mean anything. In LA, there is no team here, and yet they spend hours every day going over every minute, pointless detail of last week’s games, and next week’s games. It’s actually even worse sometimes during the offseason as the media whines and moans about how they can’t wait anymore for football to talk about. Cause A-Rod striking out on and off the field isn’t good enough. Barry Zito returning to his Oakland A’s form isn’t good enough. A 4 game sweep to knock New York out of the playoffs isn’t good enough. I like football, but it isn’t the end all be all of sports. Some of us out there like to hear more about the others. Don’t agree, I don’t care.

- WWE has had a rough go for the last few years, with Wrestlemanias being the only real bright spot, especially Wrestlemania 28. So in desperation mode, they turn to the same guy they always do… Vince McMahon. When you can’t trust anyone around you, and your top guy is hurt, you do what you have to do. I usually roll my eyes at times with this kind of thinking, but two weeks ago, when Vince faced CM Punk on RAW, it was quite the highlight. And with the emergence on Ryback and hopefully soon Dolph Ziggler, and with the tag team of Team Hell No, maybe the WWE can start to build new stars finally. Maybe the tag team division can get back on its feet. But I’ve been wrong before, and will be again I’m sure!

September 20 th was my

-

birthday! 1 month ago I know. However I would like to take this time to thank my family and friends for making it so special. It has been quite the year. My oldest son turned 4, and my youngest son turned 1. I have been promoted at my work to Post Commander and continue to impress everyone I work for at my company and at my post. I got some amazing gifts, and even though it really wasn’t about the gifts, they really were awesome!!! So thank you again to every one for making my birthday so special, and thank you all for a great year, and here’s looking towards the next year with great resolve and anticipation!!!

Now before anyone gets butt

-

hurt or thinks this is about them, please get over yourself. This isn’t about any one person in particular. This is about the overall use and abuse that has become Facebook. Many of you know where I’m coming from. Many of you have experienced the same feelings of disgust and just had to roll your eyes and log out. To me, Facebook was a place to find people you know and connect with photos, status updates, and games. Now, Facebook too many is nothing more than a place to whine, complain, preach, and tear down those around them. Not a day goes by where I don’t check into Facebook and see people and their drama. I know I’ve created some myself, but I made a choice to end it and only be positive and try to encourage others to be as well. Now, I can’t post a picture I find funny without it starting a debate. Then people get offended when I take it down and say I don’t want that going on on my page. It’s my page; I have every right to put a stop to things I don’t want to see. Some people say, “You know, you can just skip it and not read it.” You know what, if I didn’t want to read anything you had to say, I wouldn’t add you in the first place! I read because I care. But that doesn’t always mean that I care about what I read. Then there is the unfriending thing. God forbid someone think different than you. I’ve seen people unfriend others because they weren’t in the same political party, or because they cheered for a different sports team. Really?!!! When did I go back to grade school? Or maybe I never left. There are a lot I still like that Facebook gives me, but it’s those chosen ones who think they know better than you, or who stand and speak without any thought or regard for others. There’s a reason I don’t post my political affiliation. There’s a reason I stopped creating drama. It’s because I realized that I’m not nor was I ever on Facebook to offend or hurt others. I am on Facebook to stay connected with others. To share what’s good about life, even when it seems there is nothing good about it to begin with. I say we start a movement right here and now. Let’s all post on Facebook that we are freeing ourselves from all the negative. For everyone to join us and keep Facebook a place we LIKE going back to. Let’s leave the negative and drama where it belongs… Twitter!!!

Well folks, my free writing time

-

is just about up, so if I want to get a page or two written for my book today I’m going to have to say goodbye for now. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thank you for being you. I love you all and wish you nothing but the best for your upcoming week ahead. God bless you, and don’t forget those immortal words… Be Excellent to Each Other!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment